Psychomotor therapy aims to support and aid an individual’s personal development. Psychomotor Therapy is a specialty that acts on the psyche by the mind-body-motor side (corporeal) to enable the person to improve his/her ability to adapt to the world. Psychomotor therapy proposes practices involving the body in its space, time and relationship, to get the person to know better his/her abilities and use them in the best way in his/her environment.
Psychomotor therapy is addressed to people with psychomotor disorders that affect their adaptation to the world in its perceptual-motor dimension, such as:
- Developmental delay
- Difficulties with fine and gross motors skills, balance, coordination
- Handwriting difficulties
- Dyspraxia, developmental coordination disorder (difficulties associated with movement and coordination) awkward or clumsy movements
- Tonic-emotional disorders
- Lack of concentration, hyperactivity disorder, and attention deficit (ADHD) impulsivity
- Psychomotor inhibition, difficulties with self-confidence
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Laterality and directionality problems (laterality not fixed, difficulty dealing with directions)
- Poor skills in spatial or time perception (problems in space or time orientation)
- Muscle tone disorders (difficulty regulating tone)
- Body scheme disorders etc.
CMI Psychomotor therapist
Our Psychomotor therapist first performs a psychomotor assessment to analyze the origin of the encountered difficulties. The psychomotor therapist can then propose sessions where the body will play a role in order to act on psychomotor development issues or psychomotor disorders, by means of relaxation techniques, body or plastic expression and by rhythmic, graphic, playing activities, play, balance and coordination. The psychomotor therapist uses for those purposes a variety of equipment like: hoops, balls, board games, graphic material, percussion instruments, modeling clay, puzzle and adapts them to the age and possibilities of each person.
Click on a doctor’s name to see profile
2020: Expert in Psychomotor therapy with European reference, Institut Supérieur de Réeducation Psychomotrice, Paris, France
2020: Master International of Psychomotor therapy, University of Murcia, Spain
2017: Psychomotor therapy school : University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Institut des sciences et techniques de réadaptation, Lyon, France
Since 2021: Psychomotor Therapist, Centre Medical International (CMI), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2019 – 2020: Consultant with Children with learning disorders, Autism spectrum disorders, Attention deficit/ Hyperactivity disorders, developmental coordination disorders, Students’ wellbeing in university, France
2018-2019: Educational and Pedagogical Therapeutic Institute, France
2017-2018: Chronic pains and palliative care department, France
- In case of delay of the patient the consultation will end at the scheduled time.
- Cancellations 24 hours before the appointments are free of charge.
- 100% of the consultation fee will be charged for late cancellations or No show.
Price for consultation: