#WorldNoTobaccoDay Tobacco causes 8 million deaths every year. The benefits of quitting tobacco are almost immediate:
• After just 20 minutes of quitting smoking, your heart rate drops.
• Within 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
• Within 2-12 weeks, your circulation improves and lung function increases.
• Within 1-9 months, coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
• Within 5-15 years, your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker.
• Within 10 years, your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker.
• Within 15 years, your risk of heart disease is that of a non-smoker.
If that’s not enough, here are a few more reasons! https://www.who.int/…/more-than-100-reasons-to-quit…/
Want to quit? You are not alone in this journey. Speak with your doctor to get help and support to successfully quit.